Remote Leadership Course 101July 30, 2020 2020-07-31 5:42
Remote Leadership Course 101
Remote Leadership Course 101
Whether establishing a remote team was a calculated business decision or a necessary adaptation in a shifting landscape, this new model presents countless opportunities for growth.
The work-from-home framework introduces new opportunities to scale your business, vastly improve employee morale, hire top talent wherever you find it, and unite your team across time zones and lifestyles. This course guides you through the key steps for hiring, leading, and meeting in a remote business structure. Discover how your business can adapt and thrive for long-term growth and agility.
Who Can Benefit From This Course?
- CEOs who must swiftly adapt to a new business model in a changing landscape
- Leaders looking to improve the productivity and unity of an already remote team
- Employers seeking a new model for engagement that enhances morale and work-life balance
- Growth-focused businesses eager to maximize employee retention and minimize operating costs
- Any leader seeking to design a remote company culture aligned with the values of a Millennial workforce
In This Course, You Will:
- Discover the benefits of a remote business model.
- Learn practical strategies for running meetings and supervising employees remotely.
- Understand how to integrate work-from-home practices with a motivating company culture.
- Discover the most essential communication and productivity tools for remote teams.
- Explore techniques for managing your own work-from-home lifestyle, including tips for maintaining mental health and avoiding burnout.
Chris Dyer is the founder and CEO of PeopleG2, where he manages 30 full-time remote employees and 3,000 independent contractors. PeopleG2 is routinely ranked one of the best places to work and has been listed as one of Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies. Having made the transition to remote during the recession in 2009 with stunning success, Chris Dyer is now a world-renowned expert on remote leadership and productive company culture.
Author of the book The Power of Company Culture, Chris Dyer has been featured by leading media outlets such as the BBC, NBC, and Forbes. As a certified SCRUM Master, he is adept at helping teams work through obstacles to find solutions quickly and effectively.
A sought-after leadership speaker, Chris Dyer boats 20+ years of experience working with leading organizations across the country. He speaks frequently at conferences all over the globe and was named one of Inc.’s Top 10 Leadership Speakers That Can Help Transform Your Company Culture.
Welcome to the Course
Why Going Remote is the Best Thing for Your Company
Techniques for Leading/Meetings
Separate but United: Leading Your Remote Team
- Working on the Business vs. in the Business
- The Ideal Remote Leader Mindset
- Trust but Validate
- Always Say Yes!
- Find Opportunities, Not Problems
- Productivity: Teams-Relationships-Speed (TRS)
- Understand Your People
- Diversity of Thought
- Command and Control
- Leading When Remote
- Use Your People Like Jedis, Not A-Players
- CEO as Orchestra Conductor
- Curating the Thank You
Creating Culture: The 7 Pillars
Feeding the Culture
Adding to Your Team
Mental Health and Burnout
Dealing with Change
Course Wrap Up